Since I am alone in my dormitory and also I am in a tight budget. I always cook for myself specially on weekend so that I can lessen my monthly expenses. What I have cooked today is sate or satay beef with a little bit of spinach. I seldom cook foods that’s going to take time because I am very hungry when I got back from work.
Here’s my quick recipe’s ingredients and directions:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
- beef (depends on how many servings, I usually prepare that’s enough for my lunch and inner)
- Ginger ( little slice of ginger)
- Garlic or garlic powder ( 3 to 4 cloves of garlic or garlic powder if you don’t have garlic in your kitchen will do)
- rice wine (1 spoon or you can skip this if you don’t have rice wine in your kitchen)
- 1 fresh chili to spice things up
- sate/satay paste
- 2 table spoon soy sauce
- spinach (depends on your if you want more spinach or more beef)
Heat oil in your frying pan, pour in ginger then your beef and stir it while frying ( don’t over cook it or it’s going to be hard to bite, cook about 2 minutes for medium done). Pour in garlic powder, sate/ satay paste, rice wine and soy sauce then mix it well for a minute. Throw in your spinach and stir it for 30 seconds then turn off your stove. Lunch and dinner is ready!